Job Title: Program Associate (Level: G4.4)
Duty Station: Kathmandu with occasional travel within Nepal
Contract Period: 1 year with possible extension
Duties and Responsibilities: The Programme Associate will be responsible to support the design, operation, and management of Greenhood Nepal’s programme on wildlife trade by providing and managing data inputs, logistical support, and monitoring project implementation. Specific responsibilities are outlined below.
1) Support to implement Greenhood Nepal’ programs on wildlife trade
2) Proactively identify, develop, communicate and manage relationships with local communities, project partners, and field staffs for effective implementation of the programs
3) Collect data, information, maintain database and prepare required reports and memos
4) Identify and collect the success stories of the programs and support the communication team to disseminate it
5) Plan and arrange necessary meetings, workshops, and other events
6) Provide overall day to day logistics and operational support for smooth and effective implementation of the project activities
7) Perform other duties as assigned by the Greenhood Nepal
Minimum qualifications: Education: Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Botany, Environment Science or related disciplines with a sound knowledge of species conservation and wildlife trade
Experience: At least two years of experience working in wildlife conservation with a good understanding of project management and implementation
Competencies: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to draft short memos and conduct presentations, team player, able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
Salary: As per the rule of Greenhood Nepal
Application instructions: Interested candidates are requested to send their application and recent CV in a single document named as “last name first name-PA” to [Email hidden. Click Apply to start your application.] by 15 November 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
Greenhood Nepal is committed to achieving workforce diversity. All the applications will be treated with confidence and equal priority.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate inquiries might automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.
Please note our recruitment and job posting services are subject to change without notice.